Saturday 10 May 2008

Does practice make perfect?

Teaching practice… this time last year it seemed to be a nightmare - me standing in front of the group of teenage students, or worse, screaming children and not knowing what to say nor do… I will never forget my very first class in high school; I changed the lesson plan several times, I was freaking out I would not manage. My poor flat mates had to listen to my dance and sing - what a disaster my lesson was going to be. But it all turned out great.
When I think about it now, I cannot help myself laughing. It was all unnecessarily. I definitely learnt a lot and gained experience which could hardly be described. Now I can say that I am all set and ready for the challenges ahead…

4 comments:

AgataL said...

You freaking out??? You are so peaceful and calm to the outside world :) I'm sure you've done a great job teaching, and all your work and planning has been fully appreciated. Fingers crossed!

Monika said...

Peaceful and calm... I will take it as a compilment :) Many say it is just gloominess but this is not true in the least bit. But it works well with children, i will never let them now i'm boiling inside. I hope I will be able to teach one day. No matter how hard it can be, it is always a rewarding experience.

Karolina said...

i wish i could go back to elementary school with you as my teacher! i do love the way you conduct your lessons! :)

Monika said...

It is really nice to hear such words... :) Thank you very much, Karolina :)